Tewksburys in Michigan
1850 Census Index
Alpine Cemetery, Comstock Park, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Tuxburys found in the cemetery. Records submitted by
Ralph Tewksbury. Reading by Rony
- Tuxbury, Elizabeth, Wife of George H. Born January
16, 1834 died Nov. 9, 1874.
- Tuxbury, Jerusha, daughter of Jesse and Jerusha M.,
Born January 07, 1828 died September 28, 1885.
- Tuxbury, Jerusha M., wife of Dr Jesse F Tuxbury, born
December 17, 1796 died July 9, 1873.
- Tuxbury, Dr. Jesse, born May 07, 1790 died June 21,
1861 (old stone) died June 17, 1861 (new stone)
- Tuxbury, Willie H., son of G. H. and Elizabeth, born
Feb. 8, 1860 died September 24, 1868.
Jesse Tuxbury was a doctor who has been said to have
been living in Ovid, Seneca Co., NY in 1820. Ralph Tewksbury notes that
there was a Dr. Tuxbury who attended Dartmouth College in 1817 and that
Dr. Jesse Tuxbury's descendants have made claim that he was their
If you have any information about this family, please